surrounded by crowds doesn't chase away literal loneliness

surrounded by crowds doesn't chase away literal loneliness
dear lord embrace me with your blessings

Followers

Friday, December 3, 2010

Apocalypse



Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji

Whenever I went scanning for new dramas or movies in my favourite DVD shop, often I came across this movie. Directed by Yuzo Sato and was on cinema back in 2009 adapted from manga by Noboyuki Fukumoto. But I only get to watch it recently.

Starring Tatsuya Fujiwara as Kaiji Itou an unemployed man haunted by his debts, this movie potrays dramatic atmosphere of desparate men who think money can solve everything (obviously when death is in the line if you can’t pay). So in order to pay his debt, Kaiji was proposed by the loan agent to go aboard onto a ship called ‘Espoire’ to join an ultimate gambling cruise. The deal was, if he wins the gambles he’ll be free from his debts. But instead if he loses, he’s forced for a 10 years underground labour which is nothing different from a slave.

The movie is well-directed and having Tatsuya Fujiwara playing emotions most of the time, he made the scenes real. I must say this is the second movie of Tatsuya Fujiwara that I watched; first was the Death Note sequel; him as Light Yagami.

At first glance before I knew what his surname is, I thought Tatsuya Fujiwara has some biological connection with Sawajiri Erika and yes I’m talking bout the main cast of the ultimate tear-demanding drama; 1 litre of Tears.

Seriously I thought they were brother and sister!

Kenichi Matsuyama

Tagged along as the co-star in Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji is Kenichi Matsuyama

Seems familiar? Kenichi Matsuyama played the role of L in the Death Note sequel.


I have to say I fell in love with the character of L. His characters were delicately built precisely according to the original manga sketching. Very original, a fine-designed entertainment masquerade.

Ps: And btw, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji’s OST is the song ‘It’s All too Much’ by YUI and ‘Never Say Die’ also by YUI. Man, I missed YUI!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...