surrounded by crowds doesn't chase away literal loneliness

surrounded by crowds doesn't chase away literal loneliness
dear lord embrace me with your blessings

Followers

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The forgetful me

One night I heard a knock on my door;
Who can it be,I wasn't quite sure.
I open the door and am filled with glee;
The visitor ahead is no stranger to me.



I welcome the guest with utmost delight;
For I know it has come to give me respite.
An air of happiness fills the space;
My home now seems, a better place!



Have you any clue who this visitor could be?
Yes! It's Ramadhan, the month of mercy.
Welcome back Ya Ramadhan Kareem
Allahu Akram!

-Adapted from Asma Sadia, Ramadhan Poems & Quotes-

I believe I’m nothing near late to welcome the delightful month of Ramadhan even though today is the 2nd day. Alhamdulillah, praise to Allah for letting us to have another opportunity to celebrate it together. With the same mission; strengthen our Iman.

One reason why that literally dragged me posting apart from at least having one Ramadhan post is a subject concerning responsibility.

Even said by Imam Ghazali to his pupil; the heaviest thing in this world is Amanah. Once one is given an Amanah, that is considered a responsibility that he has to carry. Nobody loves responsibility. But when it’s something that you’re born with, you have to live with it. Believe it or not, we are born to be a leader; being a khalifah, first to lead ourselves and eventually the Ummah.

Talking about leadership that is supposed to be nurtured inside out, ain’t no easy thing. I for instances, walking down the memory lane of my school days; being a leader back in school, nothing much had bothered me (maybe I was too young to care). Being an Imam for solah, being a naqibah for usrah, giving tazkirah. But with older age, comes greater responsibility. I wonder why the inner strength of mine is such gradually disappearing.

So in tandem with the holy Ramadhan, I’m trying to find the missing part of me. Dear Lord, give me strength.

Just a reminder to the forgetful me.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...