surrounded by crowds doesn't chase away literal loneliness

surrounded by crowds doesn't chase away literal loneliness
dear lord embrace me with your blessings

Followers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Initial D (sound montage)




Initial D is an Association of Hong Kong-Japan film production crew back in 2005, starring:

Jay Chou
Edison Chen
Anne Suzuki
Shawn Yue
Anthony Wong
Jordan Chan

I remembered owning the VCD back at home and used to watch it over and over again during the old days. Now that I’m home, I stuffed out back the DVD boxes only to find my Initial D CD was nowhere to be found! No way! That was one of my favorite movie collection of all time, especially when Jay was the main cast. So few days ago I just got myself a figuratively brand new Initial D DVD (figuratively an outdated movie) and yep I’ve watched for the I-don’t-know-how-many-times time =P.

That was as to begin with. Jay Chou is not only a successful actor; he is also a talented singer, song writer and composer. He composed the OST of Initial D himself;

-Yi Lu Xiang Bei (main OST)
-Drifting (opening theme song)

Drifting
That’s all I wanted to highlight actually, not the stunt but the song. It took me quite some time before I could download it. What I find captivating the most was its music montage.

Montage comes from a French word which means ‘putting together’. So music or sound montage means to put together pieces of music that consist of separate items especially in an interesting and unusual combination.

And talking about the sound montage of Drifting by Jay Chou, with the voice of Jay rapping, a tit bit of techno, a little conquering by some R&B music, even got an effect of cars drifting, not to forgotten the background singer. The layers of music made strong tantalizing rhythm.


The Drifting sound montage is cool!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...