surrounded by crowds doesn't chase away literal loneliness

surrounded by crowds doesn't chase away literal loneliness
dear lord embrace me with your blessings

Followers

Monday, March 29, 2010

Twist to ponder

We don’t know what we have until we’ve lost it, we don’t know what we’ve lost until it arrives.

In a single glimpse, I don’t expect everybody would be able to tell what's the meaning beyond this twist. Maybe yes for the 1st part but many aren’t familiar with the 2nd testimonial.

Premise 1: We don’t know what we have until we’ve lost it

I always got my watch fixed on my right wrist, seldom I fail to put it on because my psychology told me I feel ‘naked’ without my watch covering my right wrist. But suddenly one hectic day, how unfortunate my watch broke and I end up taking it off. Despite my hand felt bare and plain, I still tend to take a glance to my wrist; where the watch was suppose to be initially. For the rest of the day I kept on craving for ‘what time is it now?’ Those were the time when I felt I was nothing without my watch (that’s too melodramatic eh? =P).

Well the thing is that, I never fully appreciate my own personal timepiece until I realize I didn’t have it anymore, well of course I’ve got it repaired by now. Anyway, try to apply it into other circumstances, the easiest one. We have 2 parents aren’t we? (To my colleague who have lost their loved ones, Al-fatihah) Please do treasure them while they’re alive. Many don’t know how precious their mums and dads are until the day they lost them forever. But remember, under this circumstance we can’t turn back time.

Premise 2: We don’t know what we’ve lost until it arrives

This is a true story and it happened to a friend of a friend of mine, named Anne. Anne had a friend, a best friend I would say, Sha. They first met since the 1st day of high school; being in the same dormitory, perhaps unspoken chemistry at first sight. Sha started befriend Anne on the ground of respect, she adored her personality and every single thing about her seemed perfect. Anne started befriend Sha for Sha was a happy-go-lucky girl and had a charm to make people laugh along with her. It was a win-win situation; they shared stories and hobbies, laughing and crying together. They were so close, going to almost everywhere together; the dining hall, assembly, classes, club activity, canteen, sports house meeting, everywhere.

Time passed by, and little by little these 2 innocent girls grew to be 2 unfathomable teens. Little by little they saw the real color of each other, good as well as the bad one. Anne was the Miss perfect, and she can’t help but to feel good about it, a bit arrogant and snobbish. Sha was an outspoken fellow who tend to criticize and even condemn anything which she found unpleasant, clashes of character. By no means there had been a few times Anne was offended by Sha’s words and there had been few times Sha felt insulted by Anne’s manner. However they never get to sit together and slow talk.

They started to develop hatred database within them. The most surprising part was that, they still did things together only this time around with the presence of obnoxious sentiment; no one had say anything at all, both were pretending they were still BFF, both were selling their soul in order not to hurt each other glaringly. Every day was wrapped with abundant of plastic smiles. But it didn’t stay long until Anne began to hang out with Marshall. Marshall was so much alike Anne, Miss flawless. While Sha started seeing Yui. Anne and Sha stopped spending time together and up until one point, they didn’t even look and say ‘hye’ when they ran into each other in the hall way. After knowing each other for 2 years, moving to the 3rd year, both started hanging out with new BFF. As such they’ve forgotten the sweet and hard times they once shared together, the arrogance went on until their graduation day; 5th year of high school.

On their graduation day, after the ceremony was over, people started taking pictures and shredding tears, many started stuffing their 5 years-belonging into their parents’ car preparing to say goodbye to their school career.

In front of the school hall, stood 2 young ladies; Anne and Sha. They looked at each other silently. Seemed that 5 years had passed so quickly, witnessing these 2 arrogant ladies being ignorant to one another. Unconsciously both slowly stepped towards each other; Anne reached out both her arms and Sha grasped it without a doubt. Anne hugged Sha tightly, and tears rolled down their cheeks. Anne had forgotten how warm their hugs used to be since years ago, Sha had forgotten how tender their friendship used to be since years ago. Both stayed still as such there was no one else around but them. Then only they were ‘awakened’ from their ego and vanity. Then only they realized they once lost their 3 years of friendship.

We don’t know what we’ve lost until it arrives.

This is a true story and it happened to a friend of a friend of mine, named Anne.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...