surrounded by crowds doesn't chase away literal loneliness

surrounded by crowds doesn't chase away literal loneliness
dear lord embrace me with your blessings

Followers

Friday, January 8, 2010

HaPpY NeW YeAR

This is going to be my first entry for the year 2010 and it's already a week past new year. Anyway, it's not a big matter after all is it? Talking about new year then people will start talking about new year resolution (I'm pretty much sure this topic has faded a bit and kinda lame). How important is it to have a new year resolution? And if you ask me, I can't be so sure I have one. Because I treat a new year resolution and my aim of life pretty much the same.
People tend to list out their resolution every New Year because they wanted to start fresh and ever since I finished high school, things don't work that way anymore. Because I believe a new principle and resolution can be made and achieved whenever you feel like it. No need to wait for early next year plan for improvement and enhancement in life. Instead the sense of awareness must come from the inside of us. This reminds me of a talk a month back. The key to change yourself to a better person is the turning point. It's like clicking a switch on. The analogy is simple; the room is dark and nothing can be seen. As to be able make the room brighter, we need to find the switch. Now the process of finding won't always be easy (as to talk about finding a turning point in life, it's going to need another different chapter). What I want to emphasize here is that, definitely we as a Muslim don't have to wait for a new year to change, but once the time has come that we found our turning point of life, then don't ever hesitate to make a change.
Another interesting topic when it comes to a new year is that everybody will started to wish their friends best wishes of a happy new year. Telephone lines are getting busy with New Year's message coming in. everybody started to ask family and friends what is their plan for a new year countdown. Looking back at how a new year of 2010 is celebrated make me think deep a bit. How did we as muslim celebrate our new year 1431 H last month? How many of us recite the doa akhir tahun and doa awal tahun as what our Prophet Muhammad s.a.w did? How many of us recite the Yasin 3 times as to 'celebrate' the New Year Hijrah?
I don't want to answer this and I believe neither do all of you. This is not a question to be answered but rather a point to ponder for all of us.
Anyway, above all I didn't say acknowledging the new year Masehi is a bad thing. So still, I'm going to wish all of you a happy new year 2010. may all of us is blessed by Him insyaallah.
p/s: I even got more new year 2010 best wishes compare to new year 1431 H.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...