surrounded by crowds doesn't chase away literal loneliness

surrounded by crowds doesn't chase away literal loneliness
dear lord embrace me with your blessings

Followers

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Journey to AIMST #1 - the dilemma -

Let alone the packing part, the not-enough-sleep-reading-CH part, the worrying part, the rushing-after-CH-paper part, the missed-bidding-farewell-to-friends part.

But the dilemma stayed. I was stepping into the bus and still wondered 'is attending the convention the right thing to do?' and 'will i be alright there?' or 'what will they ask us to do there?' and 'am i able to adapt'.

Adaptation. Many may think it's not even an issue to begin with. Like it's only over the weekend for god sake, why the hell you need adaptation for? Just go and get it over with.

But in my case 1) it was time when i supposedly be home since it's mid semester break 2) a place where over 200 medical students gathered, it could be a little intimidating. So those are what made me in dilemma whether i should  go or not.

But i hopped into the bus anyway, enjoyed my 6 hours journey and reached AIMST.

I stepped off the bus with mixed feelings still. I have an instinct that we'll be the minority ones. The ones head covered with scarves instead of  hair.

It was 5.30pm and we were the 2nd (after Newcastle University) to arrive. Not having my own sweet time to properly pack earlier, at least i've got my own sweet time to properly unpack since briefing will start at 10pm.

The committees treated us very warmly. It was their first attempt to hold this Medical Students Convention and of course they were trying their best to provide the best service. That calmed me down a bit. But i was dumbfounded later knowing me and the the rest of the girls were put into separate rooms. They had the names listed alphabetically and the next thing i knew, i was in the same house with 11 Chinese girls.

That was about the registration. I shall write more on what was happening later.

Ps: sorry for the late entry. I was off writing mood for a moment

first impression of AIMST. big and modern.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...