surrounded by crowds doesn't chase away literal loneliness

surrounded by crowds doesn't chase away literal loneliness
dear lord embrace me with your blessings

Followers

Monday, January 2, 2012

Counting on the new begining upon the ending part 2

God knows how I need a properply proper draft before I could post an entry, that’s why I rarely updated these days and if I did, it’s gonna be a real long one. Honestly I have a lot of pending drafts. If only they could be called one; just a simple title with a few points (typical SPM essay scribbles), but it’s always the matter of time.

How did y’all spend the New Year everyone? This very first day of 2012; January 1st, all praise to Allah for the opportunity to spend it with my beloved classmates ^^

Let’s cut stories short

Date: January 1st 2012
Venue: The Woods Resort, Ulu Yam
Time: 8.30 am-2.30 pm
Attendance: 24/30

It was the girls’ hangout! I feel bad for not able to have all the 30 of us there, but insyaAllah we’ll have another plan the like sooner or later.

We had barbeque, we played games (seriously I was so close to rolling on the grass. It was so funny!), we took pictures, play splashing water a bit, and the climax was the SA session.

the woods resort
the waterfall, credits to dearest Lel ^^
BBQ!
SA game, well they called it differently in different places. Back in school, this part was always the must-have during every end-year-party; be it classes or dormitory or even club activity. It’s the Secret Admirer game.

It started with fixing the price range for presents. Then everyone’s gonna write their wish list. With everyone’s names are in a box, next we’re gonna lot a draw to see who should we give present to. At this stage, everybody’s gonna give one present and gonna get one present in return. It’s just that identity of the giver won’t be disclosed and you need to figure that out; and that is you secret admirer.

Now it makes sense to you why I posted this entry before; because it’s my wish list.

And yes I received a blue bangle! My secret admirer? It was Tasniim ^^


I on the other hand was the secret admirer of Adilah. Gave her a seat cushion ^^

The reason why I posted this entry isn’t merely to share my updates with all blogger friends, or simply to put on pics and tell some stories so the girls could recall pleasantly and smile involuntarily while reading this over again. But it’s something much more important than that; because I was assigned to be the director of this Rehlah at the first place, so I feel like writing something about it. Since we were racing against time after all activities, I put my intention for a closing speech on hold and decided to have it here. I think god helped me a lot when I don’t need to see everyone right in the eyes while my tongue carving out issues about feelings, sensitive matter about who’s wrong and who’s right. You see, like I said I was never so good in expressing point of view, let alone to convey opinion especially if this is regarding other people’s emotion we’re talking about.

It might wasn’t a serious matter for one person, but it could be for another. Let us all self reflect.

1)      What do you see your friend as?
-          Housemates, roommates, simply classmates
2)      Do you know how far a friend would do for you?
-          Taking a day off just to accompany you when you’re unwell, drive for miles to fetch you at the train station at night, spent money and secretly buying presents behind your back just to throw a surprise
3)      After being together for 3 year (let’s spare Tamhidi), how well do you know each other
-          Her likes and dislikes, how she is if she’s mad. Some people are just a bit more sentitive than the other, some have tough heart, some’s a bit fragile. When they are upset some would want to be consoled, to be talked to, to be hugged. While some prefer not to be talked to, to be left alone for self-recovery

I personally think someone who stays the same level as yours, doing the same thing as you do, socially connected by the circumstances, is your friend. That's a classmate, a coursemate, a housemate.

Even if you two never talked to each other, it always started with friends by names. In short naturally everybody is everyone's friend. Provided you know her and she knows you. Or at least you two recognize each other's faces, or to some extent having the thought that 'I think we know each other' is enough for two people to be bounded by that word called FRIEND.

How do we measure best friend then? For some if it’s not after a series of slumber party with some pillow fights then ‘we’re not BFF’, without a proper let’s-skip-class-and-don’t-tell-our-mum moments, then ‘we’re not BFF’.

What does it take to be best friends? That caring and sharing moments, being there for each other, someone to lean on, shoulder to cry on, yadayadiyada~. That’s partly true.

Look to it from the other perspective, what does it take to be friends because of Allah? It’s pretty much the same, but the best thing is to have them in your du’a after every prayers. Correct?

Back to the first question, what do you see your friends as? Please see them as a friend because of Allah.

The conclusion, let’s love our friends because of Allah, let’s forgive each other and let us have even sweeter memories for the year 2012 ^^

My deepest gratitude to everyone who’re involved in end-year-party on the first day of New Year. Forgive me for any inconvenience , or if I fail to entertain everyone.
Ps: sometimes I noticed that my tongue is vicious at times, surprisingly more often than not I mean it because I don't lie. And i'm sorry if it hurts anyone. But it makes me wonder was that me being too honest? There’s distinction between being honest and being naïve and innocent. Sometimes I got mixed up, despite being 21.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...