surrounded by crowds doesn't chase away literal loneliness

surrounded by crowds doesn't chase away literal loneliness
dear lord embrace me with your blessings

Followers

Friday, April 16, 2010

Nurturing the culture

If you asked most people around me what vibes that I exerted within my atmosphere territory, most probably they’ll say “Japanization”, especially after my art presentation on the Japanese tea ceremony, chado. Well, perhaps I have to declare that Japanese had become my 2nd language after English. As been posted on my previous entry under topic innocent obsession, that was how I started being absorbed into the Nippon-thingy; dramas, songs, movies, cuisine, culture, fashion, product, you name it. I wonder if people noticed me speaking in Japanese much more frequently rather than English in private. Only lately I’m in dilemma, shouldn’t I be more concern in nurturing a better culture for the sake of myself at least?




Situation A:
Every morning, instead of saying ‘ohayo gozaimasu’, wouldn’t it better to say ‘assalamualaikum’

Situation B:
After calling it a day and head off home, instead of saying ‘ja, mata ashita ne’, wouldn’t it better to still wrap it with ‘assalamualaikum’

Situation C:
When something was safely done just as expected, instead of saying ‘yosh’ or ‘yokatta’, wouldn’t it better to say ‘alhamdulillah’

Situation D:
‘Lepaking’ with some friends and having meals with them, instead of saying ‘itadakimasu’, wouldn’t it better to say ‘bismillahirrahmanirrahim’

Ps: I usually did both for situation D though.

Highlighting situation C. Even I often heard the words like ‘yay’, ‘nasib baik’, ‘wah seronoknya’ when something good happened, when we’re lucky. Perhaps those words slipped out of tongue unconsciously (FYI that was supposed to be my excuse). Somehow I bet what had happened would be much more meaningful after thanking the Almighty Allah.

Alhamdulillah for the breath you still grant me
Alhamdulillah for this heart you still allow to beat
Alhamdulillah for the faith in you, you never seem to withdraw
Alhamdulillah for the ‘wakeup call’ within my carelessness and forgetfulness
Alhamdulillah for the pleasure in life you accord
Alhamdulillah for all the good things you planned to happen to me

nurturing the culture in the making =)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...